Terms & Conditions
ConfidentialityAll personal information gathered by the Neha Kapoor during the provision of the psychological service will remain confidential and secure except where:
- It is subpoenaed by a court.
- Failure to disclose the information would place you or another person at serious and imminent risk.
There may be times where, as part of the assessment and therapy process, it may be helpful for your psychologist to liaise with other people or agencies that are relevant to your goals. Additional consent forms will be requested in these instances.
While it can be difficult to predict when you may need to cancel or reschedule a session, we would appreciate at least 48 hours’ notice. Appointments can be in high demand, and your early cancellation will give us the opportunity to offer the appointment to another person who may need urgent support.
If you cancel with less than 48 hours’ notice or do not attend your appointment without notice, the full fee (100%) will apply. Please note these fees cannot be claimed through your private health fund or Medicare.
The reasons for our cancellation policy are to ensure that our services are provided equally and fairly to all our clients who need them.
Unfortunately, if you do not show up for your appointment without giving adequate notice to us, you are taking away the opportunity for another of our clients to fill in your spot.
We understand that from time-to-time things can go wrong that are beyond the control of our clients and in such circumstances of emergencies and extenuating circumstances, we will endeavour to respond to your situation as quickly and as fairly as possible, provided that you grant us as much notice as possible.
You are advised of our cancellation policy frequently:
- In your booking confirmation email
- In the email appointment reminder
- On our website
- Right now
Please note that while we endeavour to remind you of your appointments through an email 72 hours prior to your appointment, these should not be relied upon and it is your responsibility to remember appointments you have made.
Please note that our software captures when this information has been sent and received.
We will not tolerate verbal abuse and threats over our cancellation policy and in some cases this behaviour may result in your services being terminated or behaviour reported.
How to cancel
You can call us on 0410 637 225. We operate from 9am to 3pm Monday to Tuesday, 9am to 5pm Wednesday, 9am – 730pm Thursday to Friday. Sometimes, if there are multiple concurrent callers, our phone lines may be busy. If this happens, please leave us a voice message. You should note that calling is the most effective way to ensure we receive appropriate notice. You are welcome to leave a message outside of business hours if it is before the cancellation deadline.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we will not accept cancellations via SMS.
Late to appointments
Sessions are strictly
- 90mins for Couples Counselling (Online or In-person) – INITIAL
- 75mins for Couples Counselling (Online or In-person) – SUBSEQUENT
- 60mins for Individual Counselling (Online or In-person) – INITIAL or SUBSEQUENT
Full fees apply in circumstances of late arrival.
To allow us the opportunity to provide our clients with the highest standard and quality of care it is expected that clients will attend their appointments on time.
- The client will be sent reminder messages by email in advance of their appointment. Scheduled reminders are sent 72 hours prior to an appointment.
- In the event that the client is late to the appointment, Neha Kapoor will wait for fifteen (15) minutes before considering the appointment to have been forfeited by the client and the policy for Cancellations applies (i.e. full fee applies when less than 48 hours notice is given prior to the session or the client did not arrive as is deemed a no show).
- In the event that the client arrives for their appointment within the initial fifteen (15) minutes from the start of the appointment, the entire duration of the appointment will be shortened by the amount of time the client was late. Full fees apply.
- Neha Kapoor is responsible for the appointment and may at their sole discretion, determine whether to wait for a period longer than fifteen (15) minutes from the start of the appointment and whether to run the session to its full duration. Full fees apply.
Policy for ALL appointments
Prepayment is required for all clients
A prepayment is required to secure the booking. This pre-payment is non-refundable, non transferable. However, if you wish to cancel or reschedule you can do so in accordance with our cancellation policy and we can provide you with a credit should you need to reschedule your appointment. (must be done with at least 48 hours notice).
Our Refund Policy
Our prepaid services are non-refundable, however, you can reschedule your appointment to another date and time (must be done with at least 48 hours notice) by contacting us on 0410 637 225.
Refunds may be offered under extenuating circumstances, however this will be at the discretion of the Novo Empower Counselling.